Praying Through The Window Results
Some major results of coordinating Praying Through the Window initiatives since 1993, are:
- We have mobilized over 40 million Christians to intercede with the Praying Through the Window 6 initiative, focusing prayer on women and "the girl child" in the 10/40 Window.
- In Nigeria, more than one million people gave their lives to Christ in a single service.
- Key Christian leaders in India attribute the Praying Through the Window movement as one of the major catalysts to the conversion of hundreds of thousands of Indian Dalits and Backward Castes. In 2002, key leaders also attributed the planting of thousands of churches in India to the effectiveness of the prayer movement.
- One national Christian leader was blindfolded and led to an underground church in Qatar. The very first thing he saw upon removal of the blindfold was a Praying Through the Window prayer calendar on the wall of the church.
- In 1989 there were only three known Christians in Mongolia. There are now more than 10,000 indigenous Christians in Mongolia. In August 2003 it was reported that 20,000 people attended an open evangelistic crusade and thousands gave their lives to Christ in one evening.
- Christian political leaders are now heads of government in several 10/40 Window nations.
- There are twenty-six 10/40 Window nations that are now "Gospel-Ready." This means these nations are open to Christians being involved in their nations in various ways, such as humanitarian aid, education, medical assistance, political input, and some are open to the Gospel being preached.
- Many new national prayer networks have been established and are flourishing within the 10/40 Window countries.
- Chinese Christians revitalized the Back to Jerusalem initiative in 1997 to mobilize and train 100,000 missionaries to fluently speak the multiple languages used in the nations along the Silk Road.
- In February 2004, key Christian leaders in Hyderabad, India discussed and developed a prayer strategy for the May national elections in India. The Congress Party had a surprising victory, ousting the Bharatiya Janata Party, which had arrested and imprisoned Christians because of their faith.
- In a breakthrough that could end Africa's longest civil war, Sudan's military government and the main rebel group are deliberating the signing of a historic peace accord for the mainly Islamic nation. "This is truly an answer to the fervent and frequent prayers of millions of Christians around the globe," said Open Doors USA. Despite the fighting and violence, Christianity in the south has grown from five percent in 1960 to seventy percent in 2000 according to Operation World.
- "Because of prayer for the 10/40 Window, The Passion of the Christ took the Muslim world by storm," a Christian leader reported. "More Arab Muslims have been able to clearly hear and see the Gospel in their own language than we would be able to reach in a lifetime of ministry in the Middle East."
- One Algerian Christian stated, "The LORD has opened before us a golden ministry door in Algeria. I remember taking a two-hour trip throughout the region and every single village we passed through had a Christian congregation. Algeria is truly experiencing a great revival. Their time is now!"
- In September 2004, Benny Hinn was invited and welcomed as a guest at a banquet with over 700 Parliament Members in India. Miraculous healings took place as he prayed over these key political leaders.
- Christians from all over the world agreed that what they needed most more than anything is PRAYER. The 'World Enquiry,' a study led by Luis Bush, concentrated hundreds of research projects to provide a statistical foundation for future strategic decisions within the Christian Church. One of the primary outcomes is that prayer must become a central focus of Christianity. Through the power of prayer, we will witness the 10/40 Window reached with the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
See what $10.40 / month can do!
Stay in touch with news & updates.
Buy books, study guides & calendars.
The latest issue of the Reporter